Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Childbirth Class II

Noel and I had our second childbirth class last night. We learned a lot last night, even me, I must admit. I blew up a balloon to feel where to push, but we were told not to actually push! I got a packet to preregister at the hospital. The teacher passed out food and items to show how big the cervix actually is when it starts dilating. We watched videos of birth and simulations of the baby coming down the birth canal. We simulated actually having a contraction with Noel timing and making sure I was loose and calm and with me breathing and focusing. Oh yeah, and the teacher passed around items we might want to pack in a bag to make life more comfortable when I'm going through labor. Noel is primarily in charge of packing that bag and I'm sure he'll do a great job. He needs to remember to pack snacks for himself too for sustenance as he is not as tough as me. haha

I had a Dr. appointment today. I'm as healthy as a horse and all signs indicate Ruby is too. Back to the Dr. in two weeks. Seems like I was just there two weeks ago. My how time flies!

No comments: