Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Rod the Bod

On August 24, 2008, Noel and I went to our last concert of the summer and probably our last concert for a long, long time. We decided to make a weekend of it since it is our last outing as we are not leaving town again before the arrival of the baby. Friday we traveled to White Sulphur Springs to drop off the mutts with my parents. Then we got up bright and early on Saturday morning and headed of to Charlottesville. Man what a cool place! We went to Monitcello and toured around and then we headed to downtown Charlottesville. There were so many eclectic shops and if I wasn't eight months pregnant I would have spent all day looking through them! That evening we ate at C & O for our mandatory nice dinner out. I had to change seats 3 times to get happy, gees what a brat, but seating is important to me. The food was spectacular and the ambiance was cool too! We shared a cheese plate and some hoisin shrimp for an appetizer and then I had a Caesar salad. Next for the entree I had some awesome trout and Noel had his usual lamb. It was so delicious he only wished there had been more of it! For desert we shared a creme brulee. I like to take advantage of it when I can get one of those somewhere and this place did not disappoint! A definite 5 star experience!

After dinner, we hopped in the car to head to Gainsville, VA (just outside of DC and close to the concert venue). When we arrived in Gainsville, we headed to the room and I put my feet up. My ankles were swollen like I had never seen before. I think it was the car ride, the heat, and the walking.

The next morning we got up and went to Mt. Vernon. Very cool. We ate lunch at the Mt. Vernon Inn and even got to see a real set of George Washington's dentures!

That night it was time for the concert. I had read some bad things about the parking at the Nissan Pavilion so we decided to walk from our room. It was about 1.5 miles. I did really well on the walk there but did have to rest once. My pelvic region was bothering me some on the walk home though. But nonetheless it was kind of nice to walk after the concert rather than get in a car and sit!

The concert was super! Rod Stewart still has it. He is a real performer and sang all his hits. His band was great and his backup singers were fabulous. Some of the women in his band are the hottest women I've seen in any band. The sax player had hotpants and high heels on and had legs a mile long! Ol' Rod's surrounding himself with the ladies still! Between the opening act and Rod's show, in walks a huge band of bagpipers! They played while the roadies set up Rod's stage. I've never seen anything like that before. Furthermore, Rod is a very gracious performer and really put on a show for the audience. He must of kicked 30 soccer balls into the crowd!

Our last trip was a blast but we don't mind that it's the last for a while. I expect the trip we're about to take with Ruby will be more spectacular than any we've ever taken!

1 comment:

Paula said...

I have never met anyone else who will admit they like Rod! I love him. He was one of the best concerts I have ever been to..I am glad you had a good time and a good weekend